1. Physical activity — Substantial evidence on exercise as a protective factor against Bowel Cancer
2. Diet — Plenty of fruits and vegetables are protective against Bowel Cancer
3. Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) — Studies have suggested a modest association between higher vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) intake and decreased Bowel Cancer risk.
4. Vitamin D — have revealed a link between poor vitamin D status and the risk of many cancers, including Bowel Cancer
5. Garlic — A review by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) concluded that there was "very limited credible evidence for a relation between garlic consumption and reduced colon cancer risk."