What are the risk factors for Bowel Cancer?
1. Obesity — is a risk factor for Bowel Cancer and also appears to increase the likelihood of dying from it.
2. Diabetes mellitus and insulin resistance is a risk factor and also may influence prognosis among patients with Bowel Cancer.
3. Red and processed meat and cooking methods (eg, barbecuing, pan-frying) has been implicated as contributing to risk due to carcinogens produced from proteins in the charring process.
4. Tobacco — increases risk of getting Bowel Cancer and increased risk of dying from it
5. Alcohol — An increased risk of Bowel Cancer has been observed in several studies